Brad Hope is the Rural Pinceton Director for Area-H.
There is going to be a town meeting on Tuesday, January 20 at 7:00 pm at the Coalmont Hotel. Brad Hope wants to get some input from the locals as to what is needed in our area.
I don’t know any specifics about the agenda but for the sake of those that don’t know anything about Brad I will include a little about him. Perhaps the easiest way to do that is to publish the platform topics from his election agenda and that is what you see below.
* A strong lobby for initiatives to ensure the survival of the family farm and rural communities *
* Promote Local food initiatives
* Provide clean industry
* Say NO to dirty industry, burning medical waste, coal-fired power generation, coalbed methane *
* Support local green initiatives
* Protect water, land and air
* Support and encourage small local business
* Work with the Town and Trails Society for tourist based infrastructure like the Bridge of Dreams *
* Promote new clean sustainable industry
* Support the re-opening of the mine. There is a strong possibility that Copper Mountain Mining Corp. may begin production providing 274 well paying jobs and an opportunity to attract ancillary business. *
* Strong Lobby for health care professionals and required hospital facilities.
Land Owner Rights
* Many landowners are unaware that in British Columbia, any person can, for $25.00 purchase a miners license and stake claims on the sub-surface rights on private land and in doing so take away private property surface rights *
* There are strict conflict of interest guidelines for elected officials. Those guidelines must be followed. Constituents have the right to know, to be heard, and to have their opinions considered. *